Ioanna Dretta has been elected as president of Marketing Greece, a non-profit organization and private sector initiative, established to promote Greece as a modern tourism destination.
In its 10th year and founded by the Greek Tourism Confederation (SETE) and the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels, Marketing Greece’s aim is to boost the image and reputation of Greece internationally by repositioning and promoting all aspects of its tourism product.
Marketing Greece’s new Board of Directors was announced following the organization’s annual general meeting of shareholders on June 29.
“It’s a great honor and pleasure for me that the members of Marketing Greece’s Board of Directors once again place their trust in me,” Dretta said.
She had served as Marketing Greece’s CEO before participating in Greece’s non-political caretaker government as interim tourism minister until the elections of June 25.
“As president of the Board of Directors, I will continue to greatly support the efforts of the company and its biggest asset, its team, which is already in its new era,” Dretta added.
1st Vice President
president of Hellenic Chamber of Hotels
– Yiannis Paraschis, president of SETE, CEO of Athens International Airport (AIA)
– Andreas Andreadis, honorary president of SETE, CEO & Co-Managing Partner Sani / Ikos Group
– Eftichios Vassilakis, VP of SETE, president of Aegean Airlines
– Yiannis Retsos, former president of SETE, CEO & co-owner at Electra Hotels & Resorts
– George Vernikos, General Secretary of SETE, president of INSETE, president of Vernicos Yachts SA
– Konstantinos Vasileiou, Deputy CEO at Eurobank
– Christina Tetradi, VP of Hellenic Chamber of Hotels, owner of Zante Hospitality Group
– Aris Soulounias, VP of Hellenic Chamber of Hotels, CEO of Colossos SA
– Stavros Mitsis, member of SETE’s BoD, managing director of Mitsis Hotels
– Kallinikos Kallinikos, VP of SETE, executive VP of Goldair Group, VP and managing director of Goldair Cargo s.a.
– George Vilos, general director of development for Fraport Greece
– Marina Valvi, marketing director of Aegean Airlines, designated representative of Aegean Airlines
Founded in 2013, Marketing Greece has carried out a series of successful partnerships and collaborations with the public and private sector; launched campaigns that have received international awards and recognition; has a strong digital footprint of its actions; made a significant contribution at critical moments for Greek tourism; and has gained the trust and support of sponsors from the tourism and non-tourism sector.