Leading sports industry professionals from Greece and abroad will “meet” at the upcoming “Front Runners in Sports Management 3.0” web conference scheduled for January 21-23.
For three days, participants will have the opportunity to attend – at no charge – speeches of distinguished representatives from the fields of football, basketball, athletics, motor sports, sports tourism, education, digital & social media, technology and corporate social responsibility, and develop their professional network in the field of sports management.
The event is being organized by Active Media Group, a leading sports marketing company in Greece, along with the Sports Management Society of Deree – The American College of Greece.
New additions to list of speakers
During the Front Runners in Sports Management 3.0 conference, the Chief Sales & Marketing Officer of Sani / Ikos Group, Antonis Avdelas, will present, for the first time in Greece, the unique tennis academy Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre, developed by the Grand Slam-winning tennis legend, hosted at the luxury Sani Resort in Kassandra, Halkidiki.
Moreover, the conference will include the following speakers:
– Ioanna Kozadinou, the CSR & Events Manager of the leading GameTech company in Greece and one of the fastest growing GameTech companies in Europe Kaizen Gaming;
– Dr. Makis Asimakopoulos, the General Manager of the Athens Marathon The Authentic who will talk about the No.1 sports tourism event in Greece and the new era after the 2020 postponement;
– Leonidas Papavasilakis (OFI FC), one of the top commercial directors in the Greek Super League;
– Joe Arlauckas, the Real Madrid and EuroLeague legend and the F45 Madrid co-founder;
– Periklis Iakovakis, the world champion in the 400m with hurdles, with 4 participations in Olympic Games & Chair of the European Athletics Athletes Commission;
– Karen Irish, the long-term member of the U.S.A. Olympic Committee;
– Theodora Panteli, former basketball player, sports journalist and dynamic reporter for EuroLeague;
– Panos Alefragis, the Head of Digital & 360 Advertising Director of one of the best digital agencies in Greece for social media, The Newtons Laboratory; and
– Themistocles Karvountzis, Chief Strategy Officer of ActiveMedia Group, with the back to back title as Sports Marketing Agency of the Year in Greece, who will make an introduction to Sports Tourism and its niche markets.
Experienced executives of the global market offer their knowledge
Prominent speakers at the conference also include representatives from the NBA and the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, the FIBA Basketball Champions League, Georgetown University, the innovative technology company Wait Time, Nielsen Sports and Formula 1.
The conference will also host welcome speeches from the Minister of Greek Tourism, Harry Theoharis; the Deputy Minister of Culture & Sports, Lefteris Avgenakis; the USA Ambassador to Greece, Geoffrey R. Pyatt; the President of the Greek National Tourism Organization, Angela Gerekou; the President of the International Olympic Academy, Isidoros Kouvelos; as well as the Assistant Professor & Coordinator of the Sports Management Program at Deree – The American College of Greece, Dr. Stella Leivadi.
In the context of the web conference’s organization, ActiveMedia Group’s Chief Executive Officer, Akis Tsolis, stated: “Front Runners in Sports Management 2021 edition is switching to digital. In this fragile time, the 3rd edition of the conference in January 2021 is going to be a fully online experience, changing to a three-day conference format with an even bolder programme and speakers from all over the world. The Greek philosopher Socrates said Education, just like fertile land, brings all good things. In the exact same way, we want ActiveMedia Group to start in 2021, by offering education opportunities”.
Free Participation & Access to Education
The conference is free to attend, as its purpose is to educate students and executives of the sports industry about the present and future of Sports Management in the post-Covid-19 era.
According to organizer Active Media, the web conference aims to trigger a dynamic start for and to properly prepare this very significant market, in order to build a stronger and healthier community.
Gold Sponsor to the Front Runners in Sports Management 3.0 web conference is MOTODYNAMICS SA, official importer of Porsche AG in Greece. The event’s Official Technology Partner is Samsung Electronics Hellas and Digital Platform Partner is LiveOn.