The Mitsis Hotels Group, committed to its responsible operation and the goal of sustainable hospitality, recently published its annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report for the year 2021.
The report presents the Group’s new holistic CSR program entitled ‘A story of change’.
“At a time when tourism’s shift from quantity to quality and the need for the protection of the environment is more critical and relevant than ever, sustainability is a lever of growth and a key criterion for our competitiveness,” said the Group’s managing director, Stavros Mitsis, in an announcement.
The ‘A story of change’ program is built upon 5 key thematic pillars that underline the Group’s values and aspiration to act as a role model for sustainable tourism development, contributing 5 percent of its annual net profit to social and philanthropic initiatives in Greece.
According to the company, the program’s 5 pillars and supportive activities are:
- Committed to our surroundings: We strengthen our local communities and support volunteering and social activities throughout
- Enchanted with our Greek history: We revive and promote Greek tradition, support local arts and cultural festivals
- Enriched by everyone: We strive to enhance diversity, equality and inclusion (DEI) and continuously develop our 4,500 employees group
- Amazed with new opportunities: We implement technological innovations, support scientific conferences and sponsor local talents
- Concerned about the planet: We minimize the environmental footprint of our 19 hotels and protect the biodiversity of our 5 destinations
“Mitsis Hotels’ progress is inextricably linked with the prosperity of the local communities in our destinations, the continuous improvement of our environmental performance, and the investment in digital transformation and the professional development of our employees,” added Mitsis.
For its continued sustainability efforts, the company has been rewarded with several distinctions including Bike Friendly, Blue Flag, Green Key, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, Travelife Gold Certification, as well as the inclusion of the Group among the ‘Most Sustainable Companies in Greece’ for 2022.
Mitsis hotels is one of Greece’s largest privately – owned hotel chain. With over 45 years of experience the company now has a portfolio of 19 city, beach and resort hotels of 4* and 5* and 12 Spa and thalassotherapy centers in multiple locations in Greece.
The group has received several awards and distinctions from local and international tour operators and travel organizations in recognition of the high quality of the services provided, its contribution to upgrading local tourism and its respect for the environment.
Mitsis Hotels Group’s 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility Report is available here.