The tourism offerings and experiences of Thessaloniki in northern Greece are currently being promoted through a new video campaign that launched online by an alliance dubbed the Great Tourism Partnership of Central Macedonia.
The campaign recently launched with the aim to increase demand for the destination ahead of the opening of Greece’s tourism industry.
The Tourism Partnership consists of the Central Macedonia Region, the Municipality of Thessaloniki, the Thessaloniki Hotels Association, the Tourism Promotion and Marketing Organization of Halkidiki, AEGEAN, Fraport Greece and Marketing Greece among other organizations.
According to an announcement by Marketing Greece, the new digital campaign features rich video content which showcases Thessaloniki’s many “faces” and shares experiences that international travelers can have.
The campaign includes two new experience videos, released with the support of the Municipality of Thessaloniki and the Thessaloniki Hotels Association, which are dedicated to the city’s cultural and gastronomic identity.
The first video is “A multicultural tour of Thessaloniki” and guides the audience through the city’s cultural monuments incorporated in the modern urban environment.
The second experience video invites visitors to “Taste the passion in every bite of Thessaloniki” and highlights the wide range of gastronomy options offered at the destination.
In addition, a lineup of 12 single-shot videos focus on Thessaloniki’s thematic forms of tourism including its city-break options and include a visit to nearby Halkidiki.
Meanwhile, another collection of five short videos highlights the features of Thessaloniki such as its ambiance, local flavors and historic treasures. The collection of videos, released with the support of the Thessaloniki Tourism Organization, consists of the following:
- Thessaloniki |A sweet for every craving | #LocalSweetFlavours
- Thessaloniki |A museum for every era |#TreasuresOfHistory
- Thessaloniki |A mood for every hour |#CityMood
- Thessaloniki |An Upper Town view for every day |#AnoPoli
- Thessaloniki |The most popular experiences |#VisitThessaloniki
Furthermore, a new campaign running under the title “Can’t miss Thessaloniki” promotes the experiences offered in the city. The campaign looks to inspire and create the desire for travel as well as to put Thessaloniki on the top of travelers’ minds.
The campaign will run on select media of target markets with the following six videos:
- Missing authentic cuisine? Can’t miss Thessaloniki!
- Missing night out with friends? Can’t miss Thessaloniki!
- Missing old fashion romance? Can’t miss Thessaloniki!
- Missing inspiration? Can’t miss Thessaloniki!
- Missing long walks by the seaside? Can’t miss Thessaloniki!
- Missing hanging out by the sea? Can’t miss Thessaloniki!
The “Can’t miss Thessaloniki” campaign is running with the support of Eurobank and AEGEAN.