The Varmy Hotel is welcoming guests back to Ierapetra on the island of Crete, aiming to offer prime hospitality services in a safe environment while operating under the health guidelines of the tourism and health ministries to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The hotel consists of 12 fully refurbished apartments offering modern amenities and quality services to Greek and international visitors.
To protect its guests and staff from the spread of the coronavirus, Varmy Hotel has implemented the following procedures:
– The disinfection of all public areas (before its reopening).
– The installation of plexiglass dividers at the reception.
– The training of its staff on protection and prevention as well as on handling COVID -19 cases.
– The appointment of a special coordinator to ensure the implementation of its COVID -19 action plan.
– Frequent ventilation of all areas.
– Change of check-in (now set at 3pm) and check-out (now set at 11am), due to meticulous disinfection.
– Thorough disinfection of all rooms with a steam cleaner after the departure of guests.
– Frequent disinfection of all public areas (reception desk, bar, elevator, staircases).
– Washing of bedding and towels in high temperature.
– Covering all remote controls with membrane that is changed before new guests check in.
– Use of personal protective equipment (masks, gloves).
– Use of packaged goods for breakfast (room service only).
– Disinfectants (antiseptics) are available in public areas.
– Does not allow entry to non-hotel guests.
– Establishment of social distancing measures, which must be maintained during check-in /check-out.
– The hotel keeps temporary records of its guests and is collaborating with a doctor to handle possible COVID-19 cases.
Varmy Hotel is located 50 meters away from the sea.
“The hotel’s unique services, attractive ambiance, cozy family atmosphere and experienced staff, guarantee relaxing holidays and unforgettable experiences in the most beautiful town of southern Crete”, Varmy Hotel CEO Miltiadis Vardas said in an announcement.
A bar offering a wide range of snacks and traditional Cretan dishes, and a roof garden are also available in the hotel’s premises.