The Hellenic Association of Professional Congress Organizers (HAPCO) announced today that it will hold a “Think Forum” in Athens with the European Federation of Associations of Professional Congress Organizers (EFAPCO), which represents more than 1,500 meetings professionals, companies and institutions in 12 countries.
The HAPCO/EFAPCO Think FORUM will take place March 12-13 at the King George hotel in Athens and involve interactive communication. The event is addressed to all professionals in the conference market, representatives of tourist bodies, academics, university students majoring in tourism and politicians involved indirectly or directly in attracting conferences/events to Greece.
The event program will comprise various sessions and workshops that will focus on the latest developments in the global MICE (Meetings – Incentives – Congresses – Events) market. Main speakers will include congress tourism professionals from the Greek market, representatives of the political leadership and PCO’s from abroad.
Think Forum program
HAPCO’s March 12 program will focus on the following topics:
– Medical Events in Greece: The hand in hand strategy or individual paths?
– The Greek Meetings Industry: With a view into the future
– Technology trends at the service of the Meetings & Events Industry
EFAPCO’s March 13 program will comprise a series of sessions covering:
– The Institute of Event Management. The UK Model in a European Landscape
– EFAPCO’s Education Research Program: Economic Impact and Employment Development of the European Meetings Sector
– Lobbying Europe – analysis of EFAPCO’s progress in securing greater professional, economic, scientific, medical, cultural and social recognition for the Events Management sector
– Transparency in the Medical Meetings sector. Best practices in implementing the EFPIA Transparency Code.
The HAPCO/EFAPCO Think FORUM will coincide with EFAPCO’s 2015 General Assembly in the Greek capital and its 10th anniversary. “It is appropriate that EFAPCO will be celebrating its 10th anniversary in Athens, the city where the Federation was launched,” EFAPCO said in an announcement.
Registrations to the HAPCO/EFAPCO Think FORUM can be made here.