Six offers have been submitted in an international tender for the new concession of Attiki Odos, a 70km motorway system in Attica, the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF or TAIPED in Greek) announced on Monday.
The concession concerns Attiki Odos’ financing, operation, maintenance and commercial exploitation for a period of 25 years.
The binding offers were submitted by the following pre-qualified investors (in alphabetical order):
· ABERTIS INFRAESTRUCTURAS S.A.
· Consortium of AKTOR CONCESSIONS S.A. – AVAX S.A. – MERIDIAM EASTERN EUROPE INVESTMENTS 4 S.A.S.
· Consortium of BRISA – AUTO ESTRADAS de PORTUGAL S.A. – RUBICONE MIDCO, B.V. – INTRAKAT S.A.
· Consortium of MACQUARIE ASSET MANAGEMENT MOTORWAY HOLDINGS S.a.r.l. – FINCOP INFRASTRUCTURE LTD
· Consortium of VINCI HIGHWAYS S.A.S. – VINCI CONCESSIONS S.A.S. – MYTILINEOS S.A. – MOBILITY PARTNER S.A.S.
· GEK ΤΕRΝΑ S.A.
According to the HRADF, the evaluation of the offers in accordance with the terms of the request for proposals will start immediately.
The financial offers of the pre-qualified investors, which meet the terms of the tender, will be unsealed at a future meeting of the fund’s board of directors.
Built in the 1990s, the Attica motorway was a pioneer concession project in the Greek market, which enabled a major construction project and paved the way for many further successful infrastructure projects in the country.
It constitutes the ring road of the greater metropolitan area of Athens and the backbone of the road network of the whole Attica prefecture. It includes an urban motorway with two separate directional carriageways, each consisting of three lanes and an emergency lane (hard shoulder); and a modern motorway extending along 70 km and part of the PATHE road axis (Patra - Athens - Thessaloniki – Evzoni), connecting the Athens-Lamia National Road with the Athens-Corinth National Road, bypassing the center of Athens.
The HRADF is a member of the GROWTHFUND – The National Fund of Greece.