Running until June 10, the exhibition will offer delegates and hosts a much-anticipated platform to learn, interact and network following a four-year hiatus since the last time it was held in its traditional physical format.
According to organizer Posidonia Exhibitions, the conferences and seminars programme of Posidonia 2022 will deep-dive into the crucial issues facing the global maritime community as the world economy tries to concoct antidotes to heal the wounds of the ongoing war in Ukraine and the severe side effects of the Covid-19 induced pandemic.
The impact of sky rocketing energy prices, broken supply chains and upcoming environmental regulations is piling the pressure on shipowners and fleet operators to deliver profitability, shareholder value and 90 percent of the world trade, making June’s Posidonia exhibition a must-attend event, not just for maritime stakeholders, but also for industry-wide decision makers, regulators and policy makers as well as for government officials, world leaders, analysts and academics.
“Our programme’s lineup of distinguished speakers and rich content of inspirational keynote speeches, thought-provoking panel discussions, powerful presentations, seminars and workshops is designed to trigger the entrepreneurial spirit of the international maritime community in its quest for success during these economically and geopolitically challenging circumstances,” said Theodore Vokos, Managing Director, Posidonia Exhibitions S.A.
The TradeWinds Shipowners Forum will kick-off the conference programme with a stimulating discussion on how to manage the era-defining challenge of decarbonisation. Themed as ‘Seize the Moment in the Energy Transition’, the signature TradeWinds forum will feature three strong panel discussions and present opportunities to network with peers and leading industry players.
Moreover, Posidonia’s conference agenda will include:
- a panel discussion on the importance of decarbonisation for shipowners will be hosted by BIMCO, the world’s largest direct-membership organisation for shipowners.
- the 3rd Trading in U.S. Waters Seminar, which will focus on energy transition.
- ‘Digitalisation Demystified’ and ‘All hands on Deck: Shaping the future of Seafaring’: two sessions of Seatrade Maritime’s inaugural summit in association with the Global Maritime Club.
- a series of panels of the Capital Link Forum that will address a wide range of issues impacting the industry, such as supply and demand challenges, LNG/LPG, green shipping, digitalisation and the difficulties of financing.
- HELMEPA’s Conference that will showcase Sustainable Shipping with a lively panel discussion of three generations of distinguished Greek shipowners and cross-industry leaders from the international community
- the highly interactive and engaging SHARK TANK event, where young entrepreneurs will be offered the chance to pitch their ideas for innovative technologies advancing the shipping industry to an audience of shipowners and potential investors.
- WISTA HELLAS ‘Women at Sea’ event titled ‘How close we are to gender diversity on board?’ attempts to identify the reasons behind the low numbers of women seafarers on board and explore whether we need more effective policies for the advancement of seafaring careers for women.
- This year’s version of the YES to Shipping Forum will offer students, graduates and young maritime executives the opportunity to meet and interact with exhibiting companies at Posidonia 2022 and also attend a panel discussion about career opportunities in the shipping industry.
For more information on the upcoming Posidonia 2022 conferences and seminars programme, see here: https://posidonia-events.com/events/conferences-and-seminars/
Posidonia is organised under the auspices of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs & Insular Policy, the Union of Greek Shipowners and the Hellenic Chamber of Shipping and with the support of the Municipality of Piraeus and the Greek Shipping Co-operation Committee.