The HCAA’s new aviation directive (NOTAM) is valid from today, March 25, until April 5 at 6am.
The NOTAM clarifies that passengers from Israel (permanent residents) will not need to quarantine for seven days after arriving in Greece if they have a health certificate (Israel’s “Green Pass”) that states they have been vaccinated and have tested negative for Covid-19 (PCR test).
The vaccination certificates will be accepted by Greek authorities if they are in the English language and have been issued by a public authority under the following conditions:
– 14 days have passed since the completion of the holder’s vaccination, and
– it states that a negative Covid-19 test (PCR) result has been performed up to 72 hours before the holder’s arrival.
The certificates must include the name of the holder, the type of vaccine received and the number of vaccinations.
Israeli passengers that enter Greece and do not have a vaccination certificate with them must quarantine for seven days after entry, as is the case for all international arrivals entering Greece.
Restrictions for all international flights
Following are Greece’s restrictions for international arrivals that are already in place:
PLF remains mandatory
The submission of the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) by all passengers of international flights to Greece remains mandatory. The rule also applies to Greek citizens and permanent residents of Greece who travel abroad on flights (outbound travel).
Mandatory negative Covid-19 test result / Rapid tests
– All travelers from abroad must submit a negative Covid-19 test result (PCR) performed up to 72 hours before arrival in Greece.
– Passengers may also be requested to take a rapid Covid-19 test upon entry (depending on the data provided on the PLF forms).
– Rapid Covid-19 tests are mandatory for all arrivals from the UK and the United Arab Emirates.
– Passengers that test positive for the coronavirus after taking a rapid test must quarantine for a total of 14 days.
Mandatory 7-day quarantine for all arrivals
All passengers entering Greece from any foreign country, including European Union member states, must self-isolate either at their home (for permanent residents) or at the place of temporary residence declared on the PLF, for 7 days. If they are to stay in Greece for a shorter period, the quarantine restriction is valid for that period of time, ie until their departure.
As mentioned above, vaccinated passengers from israel are exempt from this restriction.
For UK arrivals
All arrivals from the UK must take a PCR test after their seventh day of mandatory quarantine in the Greece. If the test is positive the quarantine will be in force for 14 days. If the test is negative the quarantine ends.
For further information on Greece’s restrictions for international arrivals, press here.