With the reopening of year-round hotels, open-air cinemas, golf courses and a number of other businesses and services, Greece on Monday, June 1, entered the fifth stage of easing the restrictive measures that had been imposed to curb the spread of Covid-19.
List of businesses that have reopened
Increased hygiene measures and physical distancing rules apply for the operation of all the following businesses.
- Hotels (year-round) – Greece’s year-round hotels will operate under specific health protocols in response to COVID-19.
- Organized tourist campsites, facilities for trailers and motorhomes. These businesses will operate under specific health protocols in response to COVID-19. It is noted that children’s camps still remain closed.
- Businesses offering:
– Catering activities
– Film screenings (only open-air cinemas). Restrictions apply on the number of moviegoers allowed in an open-air cinema. Films will be screened without intermission to avoid crowding at the refreshment area.
– Canteens in sports facilities
– Library and archive services
– Golf or mini golf courses
– Swimming pool services
– Venues for specific events (weddings and related events)
– Planning services for events (weddings and related events)
– Matchmaking services
– Tattoo services
– Body piercing services
– Massage services
– Sunday open markets, neighborhood fairs
The coronavirus has so far infected 2,917 people in Greece and the death toll has reached 175, still among the lowest among EU member-states.