Due to the extraordinary circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the resort has undertaken special measures to protect the health of its visitors and employees. The measures also aim to provide travelers with safe and carefree holidays according to the highest hygiene standards.
The plan of Olympia Golden Beach foresees the following procedures:
- A consultant has been selected to create a health plan that will be certified by external auditors. The consultant will also create emergency plans and hygiene protocols, and set up a crisis management team that will deal with possible COVID-19 cases,
- The company’s board will frequently convene to evaluate the situation and immediately take decisions when required,
- Online check in: Customers will be able to check in up to 72 hours prior to their scheduled arrival, by replying to an e-mail that will be automatically sent to them by the hotel. Check in will be completed without physical contact by showing an ID or passport upon arrival,
- Fast check out will be possible over the phone. Before departing, customers will be able to receive a printed copy of their bill. This process reduces the time spent at the reception area, as customers proceed to the reception only for payment,
- Olympia Golden Beach encourages payments with the use of credit cards. Its restaurant and bar will not accept cash, as the bill will be charged directly to the customer’s room,
- The hotel every year is certified with the HACCP standard (ISO 22000) for food hygiene and safety, since 2009,
- Products will be received according to the HACCP standards, and disinfected upon their arrival,
- The hotel will install plexiglass dividers at all its sale points to prevent the spread of the virus,
- Social Distancing: All hotel employees will work within a distance of 1.5 – 2 meters from each other. The same applies for guests,
- Entrance is forbidden to individuals that are not guests and do not belong to the hotel’s staff,
- Hotel staff will work on permanent groups in order to be easily isolated in case of infection,
- Restaurant capacity will be significantly reduced. The tables will be placed at a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from one another,
- Opening hours of restaurants and other hotel services will be extended,
- Food and drinks must be served only by the hotel’s staff,
- The hotel will maintain product reserves to ensure its smooth operation,
- Events, sports and entertainment services will be offered to a small number of participants and with safety distances. The spa list and childcare service will be adjusted to the new regulations.
Hygiene and disinfection
- The number of disinfection points at public areas including the restaurant and bar, sports facilities and the lobby, will be increased in order for visitors and staff to easily disinfect their hands.
- All rooms will be cleaned with special detergents and an individual parquet mop, with attention to frequently-touched areas and objects such as the TV remote control, the bathroom surfaces, the bedside tables, etc. After check-out, the entire room will be cleaned with disinfection fogging.
- Public areas will be cleaned more often with the use of special antimicrobial cleaners. Cleaning with disinfection fogging will take place on specific dates and times when public areas are closed.
Employees’ training will start at least 15 days before the official opening of the hotel on July 1.
For any questions, contact the Olympia Golden Beach Resort at +30 26230-95999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos: Golden Beach Resort & Spa