The Greek Islands are included among the top 10 world’s best destinations for once-in-a-lifetime journeys, compiled by Canadian online travel website FlightNetwork.
The World’s Best Journeys 2018 list was created by a collaboration between FlightNetwork and over 500 of the world’s travel journalists, agencies, bloggers, and editors – the ultimate insiders of international travel.
“This extensive collaboration produced the most thoughtful and detailed list of astonishing journeys – a list that will captivate and inspire travelers to embark on life changing adventures now, and for years to come,” according to FlightNetwork.
The Greek Islands of the Aegean are in the ninth place among FlightNetwork’s collection of the top 50 transformative trips every traveler must experience in their lifetime.
Aegean Sea: The soul of Greece
According to FlightNetwork, jewel toned sunsets, mythical ruins, and piercing blue waters attract travelers to the Greek Islands, where passion, adventure, and a rich culture await.
“Because the Aegean Sea is the soul of Greece, it’s ideal to spend most of your time in its waters,” FlightNetwork notes.
According to World’s Best Journeys 2018 list, the top ten trips every traveler must experience in their lifetime are:
1. Expedition To Antarctica (Antarctic Peninsula)
2. Cruise the Galapagos Islands (Galapagos Islands, Ecuador)
3. Travel the Trans-Siberian Railway (Moscow, Vladivostok, Russia)
4. Trek to Machu Picchu (Cusco, Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Peru)
5. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway (San Francisco, San Diego, California, United States)
6. Drive Iceland’s Ring Road (Keflavik, Iceland, Reykjavik)
7. Cruise to Alaska (Alaska, United States)
8. The route of Camino de Santiago (The French Pyrenees, France, Santiago de Compostela, Spain)
9. Sail the Greek Islands (Syros, Mykonos, Crete, Greek Islands, Greece)
10. Drive the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia (Dubrovnik, Split, Hvar, Croatia)