A series of promotional actions will be held straight from the stand of Crete in the Greek section at the ITB international tourism exhibition in Berlin. The Region of Crete aims to highlight the island’s culture, gastronomy, nature and services and promote it as a quality destination, ideal for visits all year around.
Action 1 (throughout the exhibition)
• “Creative Crete” – In cooperation with the Hellas Foundation for Research and Technology, the region will present digital applications to visitors. The applications will provide information on archaeological sites, Cretan recipes, natural resources, alternative tourism. The region’s advertising videos will also be displayed.
Action 2 (the first 3 days)
• On 5, 6 and 7 March the Cretan Winemakers Network “Wines of Crete” will host 45-minute workshops during which the Cretan Vineyard and its flavors will be presented. The presentation will include:
– the screening of 17 videos with German subtitles on the Cretan wine, Cretan vineyard, landscape and gastronomy
– the serving of three different Cretan wines (which will change every day) and presentation of important aspects varieties, regions, wineries, electronic applications)
– a question and answer session with attendees
Action 3 (throughout the exhibition)
• Meetings with tourism bodies, media representatives specialized in thematic tourism
• A press kit with promotional material of Crete will be distributed from the stand
This year, the island’s hoteliers, travel agents, entrepreneurs, local producers and wine-makers are participating in the ITB exhibition under the umbrella of the Region of Crete to give the world a dynamic display of what the destination has to offer.