Investors seeking to launch tourism-related businesses can benefit from subsidies of up to 200,000 euros as part of a 120-million-euro program expected to begin in September by the tourism and economy ministries.
The NSRF (National Strategic Reference Framework) 2014-2020 scheme – titled “Strengthening the Establishment and Operation of New Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises” – comes to create the conditions and offer incentives to entrepreneurs wishing to set up new businesses in the area of tourism.
Eligible investment projects with budgets between 25,000 and 400,000 euros will be subsidized by 45 percent. Funding can reach 50 percent if a new job position is created.
Activities eligible for funding are:
– accommodation facilities including hotels with a 20- to 50-room capacity
– hotels within a traditional accommodation network
– furnished villas
– 3- or 4-star rooms to let
– tourism offices
– car and motorbike rental businesses
– tourism vehicle companies (coaches)
– ferry ticket distributors
– alternative tourism facilities including marine sports (jet ski, ski, scuba diving, surfing, kite surfing rafting, kayak, etc)
– outdoor tourism activities including birdwatching and trekking
– recreational, theme, adventure and miniature parks.