A total of ten Greek hotels were announced among the best in Europe at the 27th World Travel Awards (WTA) 2020, the global initiative that recognizes and rewards excellence in travel and tourism.
Winners of WTA 2020 include hotels, travel agencies and tour operators, destinations, MICE venues e.t.c.
In the hospitality sector, Çırağan Palace Kempinski, Istanbul, was voted “Europe’s Leading Hotel”, while Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas in Greece, won the “Europe’s Leading Beach Resort” title.
Furthermore, Sardinia’s Forte Village Resort won the title for “Europe’s Leading Resort”.
WTM Europe Winners 2020 – 10 Greek Hotels
- Europe’s Leading Beach Resort – Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas
- Europe’s Leading Boutique Resort – Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites & Spa
- Europe’s Leading Conference Resort – Grand Resort Lagonissi
- Europe’s Leading Family Resort – Sani Resort
- Europe’s Leading Landmark Hotel – Grand Forest Metsovo
- Europe’s Leading Luxury Hotel Villa – The Magnificent Villa Sunset @ Casa del Mar, Mykonos
- Europe’s Leading Luxury Island Resort – Grand Resort Lagonissi
- Europes Leading Luxury Villa Resort – Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas
- Europe’s Leading Seafront Resort – Elounda Bay Palace
- Europe’s Leading Villa Resort – Porto Zante Villas & Spa
The results of the 27th World Travel Awards (WTA) 2020 follow a year-long search for the world’s top travel, tourism and hospitality brands. Votes were cast by travel industry professionals and the public, with the nominee gaining the most votes in a category named as the winner.
“The World Travel Awards 2020 program received a record number of votes cast by the public. This shows that the appetite for travel and tourism has never been stronger and bodes well for the industry’s future as the global recovery begins,”said Graham Cooke, founder of World Travel Awards.
According to Cooke, the winners of WTA 2020 represent the very best of Europe’s travel and tourism sector.
“They have all demonstrated remarkable resilience in a year of unprecedented challenges,” he added.