The new measures aim to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while offering guests safe and carefree holidays.
Epirus Palace’s strategy also includes the intensive training of its staff in accordance to the health protocols announced by Greek authorities.
• An external consultant has been selected to develop a health plan. The process will be certified by external auditors. The consultant will also set up emergency plans, daily hygiene protocols and a crisis management team to immediately deal with possible coronavirus cases,
• The hotel’s board will hold frequent meetings to discuss and immediately take decisions whenever required,
• Online check in: Guests will be able to check in through the hotel’s website earlier than scheduled by filling in the details required in an e-mail that will be automatically sent by the hotel. The check-in process will be completed by showing an ID or passport upon arrival. This process limits physical contact and significantly reduces waiting time at the reception area,
• Every year, the hotel is certified with the HACCP standard (ISO 22000) for food hygiene and safety issues, since 2018,
• Products will be received according to the HACCP standards, and disinfected upon their arrival,
• Social distancing: All hotel employees will work within a distance of 1.5 – 2 meters from each other. The same applies for guests,
• Hotel staff will work on permanent groups in order to be easily isolated in case of infection,
• Restaurant capacity will be significantly reduced. The tables will be placed at a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from each other,
• Food and drink will be served only by the company’s staff.
Hygiene and disinfection
• The number of disinfection points will be increased, so that visitors and staff can easily disinfect their hands in public areas such as dining facilities and the lobby.
• All rooms will be cleaned with special detergents and an individual parquet mop, with attention to frequently-touched areas and objects such as the TV remote control, the bathroom surfaces, the bedside tables, etc. After check-out, the entire room will be disinfected.
The Epirus Palace Congress & Spa is located in the city of Ioannina, in the heart of the so-called Greek Alps. Its premises include a stylish lounge, 194 deluxe rooms & suites, refurbished conference halls, unique dining and bar areas, a cutting-edge play room, a state-of-the-art spa and a large swimming pool.