Parks and outdoor sports venues in Athens and the wider Attica region have reopened to the public, following the Greek government’s decision to ease the nationwide lockdown that was imposed six weeks ago due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Also, the Region of Attica reopened the Pedion tou Areos park near the center of Athens, the Antonis Tritsis park in Ilion, the Finopoulos hill near Gyzi, and the Attiko Woods in Tourkovounia, among other parks.
In addition, the Athens municipality, as of Tuesday, is offering free access to the following outdoor sports venues:
– The Grava Track and Field Sports Center. Entry to up to 15 people per hour is allowed. tel: 210 2287506,
– Tennis courts that are located:
· at Rouf, Piraeus & Echelidon sts, tel: 210 3421260,
· on Ellinoroson Street, Krimnitsis square, tel: 210 6711016,
· in Goudi, G. Papandreou and Kanellopoulou sts, tel: 210 7771990,
· in Ano Patisia, Mitsaki & Polyla sts, tel: 210 2025634.
According to the municipality, the sports venues are accessible only by telephone appointment from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 9pm. Each individual may use the facilities for no longer than one hour.
The Municipality of Athens has applied all the necessary hygiene protocols to ensure the safe operation of parks and sports venues.
In addition, Attica Governor Giorgos Patoulis has requested that all citizens comply with the measures of social distancing and personal hygiene in order to prevent the further spread of Covid-19.