The first set of actions of the confederation and a number of its member enterprises are the following:
– Donation of 7 ICU respirators for adults, children and newborns, by SETE, worth 140,000 euros.
– Donation of 10 ICU respirators for adults, children and newborns, by Athens International Airport (AIA), worth 200,000 euros.
– A 150,000 euros donation by Lampsa Hellenic Hotels (Grande Bretagne and King George hotels) for medical equipment, plus an additional 150,000 euros by Laskaridis Shipping through the Union of Greek Shipowners.
– Donation of 5 ICU respirators for adults, children and newborns, by the Electra Hotels & Resorts Group, worth 100,000 euros.
– A donation of 100,000 euros, by Goldair, for healthcare and the supply of specialized intensive care beds.
– Donation of 3 ICU respirators for adults, children and newborns, by Golf Residences SA (PHĀEA RESORTS), worth 60,000 euros, for a hospital on Crete that will be decided by the authorities.
– A 30,000 euros donation from Atrium Hotels SA for the supply of medical equipment.
– Donation for necessary equipment needed in Intensive Care Units by the “Captain Vassilis and Carmen Constantakopoulos” Foundation.
– A donation of 100,000 euros by the Ioannou Group (Intercontinental, Yes Hotels), through SETE, to cover needs to be decided by the Greek state.
According to SETE, the tourism sector’s contribution to the current crisis will be ongoing and more enterprises are expected to join the effort.
“In this difficult time, the tourism sector rises to the occasion and offers all it can to the Greek State to support public health and help in the recovery of the Greek economy, for the swift recovery of Greek society,” SETE said.