Two Greek hotels are among the eight luxury properties that were recently named the winners of the sixth Historic Hotels of Europe 2018 Awards, during a gala dinner at the Barberstown Castle near Dublin, Ireland.
From the organization’s 400 members throughout Europe, the Kyrimai Hotel Restaurant in the area of Laconia (Mani) in the Peloponnese was crowned with the “Historic Hotels Gourmet Award”. Furthermore, the Allegory Boutique Hotel on Rhodes was distinguished as a “Historic Hotel with a Story To Tell”.
The awards honor the most unique, important and cultural properties spanning across the continent in eight special categories, from weddings to fine dining. “The hotels receive their merit with the organization’s highest honor, a guest’s choice, the Historic Hotels Awards,” said Barbara Avdis, chairman of the Historic Hotels of Europe, the organizer of the event.
Encompassing castles, chateaus, palaces, monasteries, convents and more, the Historic Hotels of Europe organization includes almost 400 members dotted across 11 countries. Each property within the association has been handpicked for its historical architecture and the unique stories it tells.
Winners of the sixth prestigious Historic Hotels of Europe Awards 2018
1. Historic Host of the Year 2018 – Dalen Hotel, Norway.
2. City Historic Hotel Award 2018 – Heritage Avenida Liberdade, Lisbon, Portugal.
3. Historic Hotel Countryside Award 2018 – L’Unicorno Agriturismo, Italy
4. Historic Hotel Wedding Experience 2018 – Sundbyholms Slott , Sweden
5. Historic Hotel Castle Award 2018 – Festningen Hotel & Resort, Norway.
6. Historic Hotels Gourmet Award 2018 – Kyrimai Hotel Restaurant, Mani, Peloponnese.
7. Most Romantic Historic Hotel 2018 – Romantik Hotel Castle Rheinfels, Middle Rhine Valley, Germany.
8. Allegory Boutique Hotel, Rhodes, Greece.