Best Of Greek Tourism To Be Displayed At Expo In December
The upcoming international fair Greek Tourism Expo will aim to surpass Greece’s famous “sea and sun” product and dynamically display all forms of tourism offered by the country, according to organizer Leader Expo-Leadertech.
The fair, which will be held 5-7 December at the exhibition center Athens Metropolitan Expo, is taking place with the participation of 120 exhibitors and the support of the ministries of Tourism, Marine, Aegean, Development and stakeholders of Greece’s tourism industry.
According to Leader Expo-Leadertech, the Greek Tourism Expo 2014 will focus on promoting all forms of tourism offered in Greece, including maritime tourism, city break tourism, winter tourism and culture tourism. The latter is expected to receive much attention as for the first time the Acropolis Museum will take part in an exhibition with its own stand, along with the Byzantine Museum and the Culture Ministry.
“Come to Meet the Greeks”
Aiming to promote Greek tourism abroad and attract international buyers, tour operators and other professionals, the organizers of the fair have announced the “Come to Meet the Greeks” program that will run during the exhibition.
The program will include B2B meetings between Greek exhibitors and 85 hosted buyers from abroad, mainly from USA, Italy, Germany, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Great Britain, Russia, Serbia, Norway, Sweden , Poland, Thailand, India, China, Netherlands, Ukraine, Romania, Spain, Bulgaria and Cyprus. The Hosted Buyers program is under the organization of Travel Media Applications.
The “Come to Meet the Greeks” program includes a five-day fam trip in Athens for the hosted buyers. The fam trip includes visits to the archaeological sites of Epidaurus, Mycenae and Delphi and also a one-day cruise to the islands of the Argosaronic.
Greek Tourism Expo 2014 will be accompanied by the following parallel events:
– 1st International Meeting of Chambers – Senior executives of Chambers (Industrial, Commercial and Vocational) from Greece and abroad will participate to highlight the challenges and the problems and propose solutions for the further development of the tourism market.
– 1st National Meeting of Regions on Tourism Prefects – Mayors and local government officials will participate and propose solutions for the development of Greek tourism.
– Greek Ports & Cruise Ships Forum – The opportunities, dynamics and importance of cruise tourism for Greece will be presented.
– SETE Workshop – The Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises (SETE) will hold a workshop on “Tourism: Development-Employment, obstacles and threats”
– 2nd Digi.Travel Conference – The second edition of the Digi.Travel conference will host a number of international speakers who will analyze the trends of the electronic environment in travel and tourism and give great emphasis on successful Greek and international case studies by companies noted for their online travel performance.
For further information, press here.
GTP is a main communication partner for the Greek Tourism Expo 2014.