The stunning sunset seen from the Greek Island of Santorini has been included in the “Top 10 Summer Sunsets” list revealed recently by National Geographic magazine.
Santorini’s sunset is “just a giant postcard,” the National Geographic notes.
“As the sun starts to slip below into the Aegean Sea, the sky all around the traditional village and castle of Oia, on the very northern tip of the island of Santorini, gives itself over from the day’s magnificent blue to crimson to…every sunset color imaginable. Beware: It’s a popular spot. But once that color starts to break out, you won’t notice. It is breathtaking.”
Top 10 summer sunsets in the world
1. Halekulani Resort, Honolulu, Hawaii
2. Antelope Island State Park, Syracuse, Utah
3. New York Harbor, New York, New York
4. Key West, Florida
5. Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
6. Oia Castle, Santorini, Greece
7. Clifton Beaches, Cape Town, South Africa
8. Kenting National Park, Hengchun Peninsula, Taiwan
9. Vairou Bay, Bora Bora, Tahiti
10. Uluru (Ayers Rock), Northern Territory, Australia