The Greek Environment Ministry has recently launched a photo competition to recognize and promote the variety of Greek landscapes.
The competition, which is open to all EU citizens over the age of 18, is called “My Own Landscape” and aims to motivate and inspire people to explore, identify and highlight the beauty of Greece’s natural and man-made environments.
To enter the competition, participants must submit a photograph, along with an explanatory text of 200 words in Greek or English, that captures their own personal interpretation of a Greek landscape. The photograph can be of any natural or built landscape, from a mountain range to a cityscape, as long as it is located in Greece.
More specifically, participants can send up to 5 photo files in JPG format per entry. Up to 3 entries, of different landscapes, per contestant are accepted.
Here are some additional details about the competition:
- The submitted photo must be in JPEG format, with a recommended resolution of 2000 pixels on the vertical side.
- Drone shots and AI generated images will not be accepted.
- Entries with merged photos will not be accepted.
- The size of the file(s) (photo(s) and text) must not exceed 10 MB in total.
- The photos must be of a real landscape in Greece and can be either original, as captured by the medium used by the contestants, or edited.
- The photo submitted must be a personal and authentic creation and must not distort reality.
- The contestant must be able to provide the jury, upon request, with the file containing the original and not the edited version of the photo(s). The original photo will include the location and metadata of the shot.
The competition will be open until 10 September 2023. Entries will be judged by a panel of five experts from the fields of photography, the visual arts and architecture. The winning entries will receive cash prizes, with the first prize being 2,000 euros, while an open voting on the jury’s 50 shortlisted photos will result to a 1,000 euro Audience Award.
To find out more about the competition and to submit an entry, please visit the website: https://www.photocontestypen.gr/t-en.