Attica Group Receives 10 Prestigious Tourism Awards for 2023
Attica Group, the parent company of Superfast Ferries, Blue Star Ferries, and Hellenic Seaways, received 10 awards at the recent Tourism Awards 2023, organized by Boussias Communications.
The largest and most prestigious competition for the Greek tourism industry, the Tourism Awards recognize individuals and organizations that have contributed to the development of quality tourism with best practices that highlight excellence and leadership in the industry.
Attica Group received four gold, two silver, and four bronze awards in various categories.
Attica Group’s wins
- Gold award in the category “Sustainability-Rational Energy and RES Management Natural resources consumption reduction-Energy footprint reduction” for Hellenic Seaways’ Aero Highspeed vessels.
- Gold award in the category “Sustainability-CSR Initiatives” for the “Sailing Together” program.
- Gold award in the category “Sustainability-Covid-Safe Practices & Services” for the protection provided to its workforce and passengers against the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Gold award in the category “Sustainability-Accessible Tourism” for the “All Different But Equal. One Group, One Crew” program.
- Silver award in the category “Branding/Media/Public Relations-Content Marketing Strategy” for the presentation of destinations & road trip ideas in combination with voyages on the Greece-Italy routes with Superfast Ferries.
- Silver award in the category “Sustainability-CSR Initiatives” for the “First Aid” program.
- Bronze award in the category “Branding/Media/Public Relations-Integrated Marketing Campaign” for the Blue Star Ferries’ campaign.
- Bronze award in the category “Digital Tourism-Online Strategy” for Hellenic Seaways’ multiple-channel online strategy.
- Bronze award in the category “Sustainability-Contribution to Local Economy/Support of Local Communities/Employment Support” for the Overall Social Contribution of Attica Group.
- Bronze award in the category “Travel/Loyalty Programs” for Attica Group’s “Seasmiles” Loyalty Program.
Attica Group operates 35 vessels in total, providing modern and high-quality transportation services in Greece and abroad. Its vessels serve 61 destinations in four countries, connecting 79 ports and transporting more than six million passengers, one million private vehicles, and 500,000 freight units annually.
In its 10th year, the Tourism Awards event included recognition for sustainability, corporate social responsibility, Covid-safe practices, accessible tourism, branding, media, public relations, and digital tourism.