Airbnb Rooms Makes its Debut Worldwide
Leaving behind the pandemic and in view of over 300 million guest arrivals this year, Airbnb announced this week the launch of a new product: Airbnb Rooms, as well as more than 50 new features and improvements. The upgrades are based on experiences and feedback from Airbnb users and hosts.
Under new category on the company’s app with redesigned filters and added new privacy features, Airbnb Rooms offers a more affordable option with more than 80 percent of private rooms going for an average rate of 67 dollars per night. At the same time, staying with a host offers visitors the chance meet someone new and experience the city like a local. Host Passport helps guests get to know their host before booking their stay.
“We think this idea is more important than ever. In the current economic environment, people want to travel affordably. And after years of being isolated during the pandemic, they’re looking for ways to connect with people and have authentic experiences. Now is the perfect time to stay in a room in someone else’s home. But for even more people to try it, they have to feel comfortable staying with a host,” said Airbnb.
Additionally, the home-sharing platform has also launched dozens of new features and upgrades based on customer feedback and ahead of a record-setting travel season.
Among others, guests can:
– view the total price with fees, before taxes, across the entire app including in search results, price filter, maps, and listing pages
– view checkout instructions on the listing page before booking and receive a reminder before they leave the home
– view updated maps with faster performance, persistent pins when zooming and panning, and more results when searching
– make use of upgraded wish lists which include a redesigned interface, one-tap saving, and an improved calendar that shows availability of wish listed homes
– enjoy more affordable stays. Guest service fees after the third month of a long stay are reduced while users in the US can also save for stays of over one month when paying with their linked bank account.
The company has also created a dedicated 24/7 support team for priority access when users are on a trip, with a goal of answering 90 percent of calls in English in two minutes or less.
In partnership with Klarna, guests in the US and Canada can apply to pay for stays in four interest-free installments over six weeks. More countries will be added throughout the year.
Additionally, if a host cancels within 30 days of arrival, most guests will receive an instant credit that can be used to rebook another stay immediately.
“With Airbnb Rooms, we’re getting back to the idea that started it all – back to our founding ethos of sharing,” said Airbnb co-founder and CEO Brian Chesky. “Airbnb Rooms are often more affordable than hotels, and they’re the most authentic way to experience a city. This is the soul of Airbnb.”