There are a total of 12,000 Airbnb listings in Athens with 31 percent of owners getting super positive reviews, found a fall study released by analytics firm Tourix.
According to the study, Airbnbs are one of the most popular accommodation options for visitors to the Greek capital.
What’s more, 31 percent of Greek Airbnb owners are “superhosts” – a certification awarded to hosts who have positive reviews, respond quickly to user messages and avoid cancellations where possible.
Other key takeaways from the study:
– there are a total of 12,000 Airbnb listings in the Greek capital and 6,000 hosts
– availability of Airbnbs is rising in Athens, up by 25 percent compared to December 2021
– Airbnbs go for an average price of 95 euros per night, up by 9 percent over December 2021
– rentals in Zappeion, Polygono and Plaka go for the highest prices per night
– 88 percent of rentals are entire houses or apartments, 10 percent are private rooms, and 2 percent are hotel rooms or shared rooms
– the majority of hosts (76 percent) manage more than one Airbnb on the platform
– on average users award Athens stays a score of 4.73 out 5, according to an analysis of 537,000 reviews
“Airbnb activity in Athens continues to be on an upward trend. This is reflected in the increase in available accommodation and hosts. On the other hand, as the supply of Airbnbs increases, hosts are beginning to focus on service, realizing the importance of customer satisfaction,” said Athanasios Athanasiadis, data analyst at Tourix Services.