Greece garnered multiple top 10 positions and honorable mentions in a number of categories of the Readers’ Choice Awards 2022 of luxury travel magazine Condé Nast Traveler.
The 35th edition of the prestigious awards saw almost a quarter of a million readers participating in the magazine’s annual survey, sharing what they loved and why they loved it during their year in travel.
Greece was named 6th Best Country to visit worldwide and 3rd Friendliest in Europe, while Athens managed to get a top 12 mention on the Friendliest European Cities list. Crete was chosen as the magazine’s 2nd top island destination in Europe, while Mykonos and Santorini were voted in the 5th and 8th positions respectively.
Best Resorts, Hotels and Spas
In the Best Destination Spas in the World category, three Greek hotels managed to get on the top 15 list. Andronis Concept Wellness Resort on Santorini won the coveted silver medal position, and the F Zeen Retreat on Kefalonia and the Euphoria Retreat in the Peloponnese got the 13th and 14th best mentions respectively.
Six Greek hotels were named among Greece’s and Turkey’s best hotels: Katikies Chromata Santorini (4th), Katikies Mykonos (5th), Grace Hotel, Auberge Resorts Collection in Santorini (6th) , Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites & Spa in Oia (7th), Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens (9th) and Hotel Grande Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens (10th).
Following are Condé Nast Traveler’s 2022 lists of the best resorts and hotels in Greece.
Best Resorts in Greece
1. The Westin Resort, Costa Navarino. Score 98.33
2. The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, Costa Navarino. Score 97.65
3. MarBella Elix, Parga. Score 97.11
4. MarBella Nido Suite Hotel & Villas, Corfu. Score 97.01
5. St Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas, Crete. Score 96.67
6. Ikos Aria, Kos. Score 96.47
7. Sani Resort, Halkidiki. Score 95.14
8. Blue Palace Elounda, a Luxury Collection Resort, Crete. Score 93.25
9. MarBella Corfu. Score 91.25
10. Porto Zante Villas & Spa, Zakynthos. Score 90.46
Best Hotels in Greece
1. Katikies Santorini. Score 98.91
2. Katikies Mykonos. Score 98.22
3. Grace Hotel, Auberge Resorts Collection, Santorini. Score 97.90
4. Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites & Spa, Santorini. Score 97.77
5. Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens. Score 97.59
6. Hotel Grande Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens . Score 97.55
7. Archipelagos Hotel, Mykonos. Score 97.31
8. Summer Senses Luxury Resort, Paros. Score 97.10
9. Kenshō Ornos, Mykonos. Score 97.01
10. Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini. Score 97.00
11. Kalesma Mykonos. Score 93.42
12. Perivolas Lifestyle Houses, Santorini. Score 93.25
13. Bill & Coo Suites and Lounges, Mykonos. Score 91.88
14. Kivotos Hotel, Mykonos. Score 91.54.
15. Canaves Oia, Santorini. Score 90.99
In the Year in Travel sub-survey Greece was chosen as a world top 3 destination for celebration alongside Italy and Ireland, while Santorini also managed a top 3 position for its cuisine with Mallorca and Madeira.
Condé Nast Traveler’s readers named Portugal as the world’s top destination, while San Miguel de Allende in Mexico was recognized as their favorite city in the world. Adare Manor in Ireland was named Best Resort in the World and Cheval Blanc St-Tropez in France was named Best Hotel in the World. Singapore Airlines was named Best International Airlines and Istanbul airport Best Airport in the World.