Star Alliance and its 26 member carriers recently celebrated the 25th anniversary of the leading global airline alliance.
This bold vision was established in 1997 based on a customer value proposition of global reach, worldwide recognition, and seamless service. It continues today by leveraging technology to foster a harmonious experience for customers.
“We reflect on the successes of Star Alliance in uniting the leading global airlines, with an eye firmly focused on a future where the customer continues to be at the heart of our work and global network,” said Jeffrey Goh, CEO of Star Alliance.
“This year, we look forward to further developments in seamless connectivity — such as new digital and mobile innovations — and exciting industry-first offers that loyal customers of our member carriers will welcome,” he added.
“Together. Better. Connected.”
In conjunction with the anniversary milestone, Star Alliance and its member carriers will release exciting campaigns and customer innovations under the new brand tagline “Together. Better. Connected.”
The new brand tagline captures the intent of fostering better human connections through the Star Alliance global network coupled with digital seamless connectivity.
The key successes and future offerings upon which Star Alliance continues to innovate include:
– the intoduction of a new partnership model that cements network leadership
– to be announced an industry-first co-branded credit card in a regional market that will offer loyalty customers of member airlines the opportunity to earn miles and points
– the alliance has adopted a sustainability statement with member carriers to commit to the industry’s goal for net-zero carbon emissions
– Star Alliance Biometrics, launched in 2020, is now available across four major airports – Frankfurt, Munich and Vienna – with Hamburg added in April
– the Digital Connection Service is available at London Heathrow and will expand to a key European hub soon
– the progressive ability to reserve seats and track baggage location on codeshare flights and multi-carrier journeys through the digital channels of member carriers
– the offering of the award-winning Star Alliance lounge in Los Angeles and other premium lounges in Amsterdam, Rome, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, and Paris, with new options for paid access being progressively rolled out.