Four Greek Beaches Among Europe’s Best for 2022
The European Best Destinations (EBD) organization has included four Greek beaches among Europe’s best for 2022.
The organization has included the Greek beaches on its list of the “22 Most Beautiful Beaches in Europe for 2022”, which ranks the continent’s most popular beaches according to the votes of international travelers.
The beaches that EBD singled out in Greece are located on the islands of Lichadonisia, Crete, Lefkada and Astypalea.
EBD: Greece’s 4 beautiful beaches for 2022
Monolia Beach, Lichadonisia Island – 6th
EBD is inviting travelers to discover Monolia Beach – also called the “Greek Seychelles” – and enjoy a holiday on one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe.
“Surrounded by blue sea, far from the crowds, this beach is very clean and has a restaurant hut for a drink or a meal,” the organization says.
Elafonisi Island, Crete – 8th
It is one of the most beautiful beaches in Europe and one of the few pink sand beaches in the world.
Crystal clear and shallow water, fine pink sand, spectacular landscape await travelers.
Porto Katsiki, Lefkada – 11th
Porto Katsiki (literally meaning ‘goat beach’ in Greece) was initially accessible only to goats – the only ones able to climb the steepest rocks.
Today, paths have been developed and allow travelers to enjoy the beach.
Agios Konstantinos Beach, Astypalaia Island – 13th
This beach will suit travelers looking for sun, crystal clear waters, idleness, as well as sporty travelers since a hiking trail (8km along the coast) starts from this dream beach.
“The castle, the mills, the blue sky , the calm blue sea and a small fresh fish restaurant will be the ingredients of the perfect holiday in Greece this year,” EBD says.
The Porto Santo Golden beach on the Madeira Islands, Portugal, tops the EBD list, followed by Bolonia beach in the Cadiz Province of Spain in second place and Seixal beach, Madeira Islands, in third position.
Cala Goloritze in Sardinia, Italy, is in fourth position, while Mitjaneta beach in Menorca, Balearic Islands, is in fifth place.
The organization has included the following beaches on its list:
- Porto Santo Golden Beach, Madeira Islands – Portugal
- Bolonia Beach, Cadiz Province – Spain
- Seixal Beach, Madeira Islands – Portugal
- Cala Goloritze, Sardinia Island – Italy
- Mitjaneta Beach, Menorca – Balearic Islands
- Monolia Beach, Lichadonisia Island – Greece
- Baia delle Zagare, Apulia – Italy
- Elafonisi Island, Crete – Greece
- Santa Giulia Beach, Corsica – France
- Hel Beach, Hel Peninsula – Poland
- Porto Katsiki, Lefkada – Greece
- Calanque d’En Vau, Marseille – France
- Agios Konstantinos Beach, Astypalaia Island – Greece
- Cavoli Beach, Elba Island – Italy
- Playa Cala Sa Boadella, Lloret de Mar – Spain
- La Sorgente Beach, Elba Island – Italy
- Cala dei Gabbiani, Sardinia – Italy
- Greve Blanche beach, Brittany – France
- Cala Cipolla beach, Sardinia – Italy
- Blanes beach, Blanes – Catalonia
- Laga Beach, Urdaibai – Basque Country
- Cauco Beach, Amalfi – Italy