Mitsis Hotels is among the “31 Most Sustainable Companies in Greece” for 2022, according to a list recently released by the QualityNet Foundation.
The Greek hotel group is the only hospitality company on the list.
According to a company announcement, the judging committees of the QualityNet Foundation took under consideration the group’s business impact based on environmental and social criteria; its corporate governance program as well as the initiatives it has implemented; the development of stakeholder engagement; and the disclosure and verification of non-financial performance measures.
Furthermore, Mitsis Hotels was selected for its new holistic CSR program that runs under the title “A story of change”. The program includes various actions to address key contemporary industry challenges and also contribute to society with 5 percent of its annual net profit .
The group’s CSR program consists of five pillars:
- Committed to its surroundings: Supporting local communities, volunteering and social activities
- Enchanted with Greek history: Revival and promotion of Greek tradition
- Enriched by everyone: Enhancement of diversity, equity and inclusion – continuous support of the group’s 3,500 employees
- Amazed by new opportunities: Implementation of technology innovations, support of scientific conferences and sponsorship for local talents
- Concerned about the planet: Minimisation of the environmental footprint of the group’s 17 hotels and protection of biodiversity in its five destinations.
“Committed to our goal for responsible hospitality, we offer high-quality services in an ethical transparent manner throughout our operations,” Mitsis Hotels Managing Director Stavros Mitsis said.
The group is also improving its environmental performance and investing in digital transformation.
“Sustainability is key for maintaining the group’s competitiveness as we aspire to become a role model for sustainable tourism development in Greece,” Mitsis added.
During the last few years, Mitsis Hotels has received a number of distinctions from national and international organizations including the Blue Flag, the Green Key, ISO and the Travelife Gold Certification.