Visit Greece App Sees 1.7m New Users, ‘Tells’ Over 400,000 ‘Stories’ in 2021
The updated Visit Greece application for mobile devices attracted over 1.7 million new users in 2021, according to an announcement by the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO).
Launched in 2020, the award-winning app is designed to assist tourists during their trip to Greece by offering personalized tips and all they need to know about Covid-19 health protection measures in the country.
Among the app’s new services added last year was the “travel stories” section that enables travelers to upload photos from their trips to Greece. The new section saw more than 400,000 “travel stories” uploaded in 2021.
“This dynamic digital tool is one of the main ways to promote Greek tourism globally. It has been enriched with new detailed content about tourism sites, services, Covid-19 measures and travel procedures,” the GNTO said.
More specifically, the updated app includes:
- a special section with updated information on the health measures implemented against Covid-19 and the documents needed to travel to Greece
- an interactive map with the locations of 610 diagnostic healthcare centers and 74 points where people can get tested for Covid-19
- a special section for the 200th anniversary since the start of the Greek War of Independence with a map featuring 130 points of historic interest and an interactive game
- info on 25 ski centers, 22 marinas and Blue-flag awarded beaches
- a ticket booking section for museums, archaeological sites, ferries, car rentals etc
- free tourism promotion services for tourism businesses (the app promotes some 4,500 business with 3,000 added in 2021)
- promotion activities such as gamification contests, destination and thematic tourism campaigns and newsletter campaigns.
Overall in 2021 the upgraded Visit Greece app attracted over 1.7 million users and managed to keep more than 75 percent of its users active and in constant interaction. Moreover, the app achieved last year some 2.5 million downloads.
More information on the app is available here.