UK travel magazine Condé Nast Traveller (CNT) has released a list of the “Best Greek islands to Visit in 2022” that includes popular vacation spots but also lesser-known destinations.
CNT’s writer Rachel Howard reveals 23 Greek islands travelers should visit next year citing their unique culture, nature, dramatic coastlines, luxury hotels, experiences, gastronomy and nightlife.
The travel writer also picked the best destinations for family vacations, honeymooners, adventure seekers, naturists and loners.
CNT’s list of the Best Greek islands to Visit in 2022 is as follows:
1. Syros – Best Greek island for culture and off-season cachet
2. Sifnos – Best for big, fat Greek feasts
3. Hydra – Best for a long weekend with the art crowd
4. Milos – Best for a photogenic and dramatic coastline
5. Serifos – Best for naturists and purists
6. Amorgos – Best for deep-blue seas and wide-open spaces
7. Paxoi – Best for the perfect balance of seclusion and sophistication
8. Santorini – Best for honeymooners and first-timers
9. Kefalonia – Best for laidback family holidays
10. Corfu – Best for character and lush landscapes
11. Ithaki – Best for a mythical retreat for lovers and loners
12. Folegandros – Best for authenticity with a bohemian buzz
13. Mykonos – Best for decadent parties and five-star hotels
14. Tinos – Best for traditional villages and knockout tavernas
15. Crete – Best for antiquities, active adventures and sunshine all year round
16. Patmos – Best for stark mystique and show-stopping villas
17. Symi – Best for castaway coves and a picture-perfect port
18. Naxos – Best for endless sandy beaches
19. Astypalea – Best for escaping the crowds
20. Zakynthos – Best for seaside holidays with toddlers or teens
21. Rhodes – Best for travelling back in time
22. Skiathos: Best for flopping onto a sandy beach with a good book
23. Lefkada – Best for sailors, surfers, and superstar beaches.