Greek health authorities announced a revised set of rules governing the operation of ski resorts and theme parks in efforts to curb the spread of Covid-19 over the holiday season.
More specifically according to the new regulations which went into effect over the weekend:
– eating areas at ski resort chalets will operate in accordance with the same rules that apply to restaurants and F&B services indoors and outdoors
– ski resort shops will operate in accordance with the rules that apply to retail operations
– ski resort hostels and hotels will operate in accordance with the rules that apply to accommodation and hospitality enterprises
– masks are mandatory in crowded areas such as ticket offices, waiting areas to board lifts
– using ski lifts:
- no restrictions for the use of open-air lifts (chairlifts, gondolas, and trams)
- use of enclosed lifts requires users to wear masks and natural ventilation
- enclosed lifts without natural ventilation can operate at 50 percent capacity and mandatory mask-wearing by users.
(Lifts can reach 100 percent capacity when used by members of a single family.)
– training at ski centers: masks must be worn in all crowded spaces. Ski equipment rental shops can operate in accordance with the rules that apply to retail however rented ski gear including clothes, masks and helmets must be disinfected before each new use.
Rules for Christmas theme parks
Concerning admission to theme parks, in addition to rules announced earlier this month here, visitors will be allowed entry only if they provide a vaccination certificate or proof of recovery. Also:
– children aged 4-17 must provide a negative self-test result
– capacity has been set at one person per 5m2 at all times
– entry and exit will be carried out through different points and the park area must be fenced in to ensure entry and exit through designated points
– visitor flows should be one way and staff must be able to continuously monitoring flows
– the use of mask is mandatory in all areas – indoor and outdoor
– free masks should be available for all guests and antiseptic lotions at all points of interest and play
– visitors should be reminded via loud speakers to adhere to health and hygiene measures.