Metaxa Hospitality Group Wins ‘Brand of the Year’ Title for 2021
The Metaxa Hospitality Group was named “Brand of the Year 2021” at the Cretan Taste Awards held recently in Heraklion, Crete.
Launched this year, the Cretan Taste Awards rewarded the most important players of Crete’s gastronomy, the best restaurants, innovative products and the most remarkable initiatives related to taste. The aim of the event is to establish Crete as a top gastronomy destination.
At the event, Metaxa Hospitality Group won a total of five awards.
A pioneer in the tourism industry of Greece, Metaxa Hospitality Group embraces authentic hospitality based on sustainable development with responsibility and respect for the environment, local communities & people.
“It is a great honor for us to be rewarded with five Cretan Taste Awards that recognize excellence in Cretan hospitality – a power in global tourism from which we started our journey in 1975,” Metaxa Group CEO Andreas Metaxas said.
The hospitality group won the five following distinctions:
– the Brand of the Year 2021 title
– a gold award in the “Social Responsibility” category for its timeless efforts to promote the value of social contribution
– a gold award in the “Connection of Agriculture – Tourism” category for its efforts to promote local sustainable products and educate its local partners on sustainable practices
– a gold award in the “Sustainable Practices – Reduction of Food Waste” category for the Creta Maris Beach Resort and its food management policy aimed at minimizing surpluss and avoiding the disposal of raw materials
– a silver award in the “Hotel Restaurants” category for the authentic Cretan cuisine of Creta Maris’ “Pithos” restaurant.
“These awards fill us with the strength to continue our efforts to provide high-quality hospitality services, focusing on people, the environment and society,” Metaxas said.
The Metaxa Hospitality Group operates three high-end resorts: the Creta Maris Beach Resort (681 rooms) and the TUI Magic Life (TML) Candia Maris on Crete; and the Santo Maris Oia Luxury Suites & Spa (57 rooms) on Santorini.