People wanting to attend conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs in Greece will now need to have a Covid-19 vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate with them.
According to a decision aimed at curbing the further spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19), published on the Government Gazette on Monday, organizers of conferences and exhibitions in Greece must abide by the following rules as of September 1:
– Entrance is allowed only to citizens holding a vaccination certificate or a recovery certificate (issued 30 days after first positive Covid-19 test result and valid for 180 days after issue date). Attendees will have to have previously registered online.
– Unvaccinated employees at conferences and exhibitions must undergo a test twice a week (one self-test and one rapid antigen test) and are obliged to declare the results on the Ergani (national employment monitoring system) online platform that can be accessed through the www.gov.gr website by using their AMKA (social security) number.
– Attendees of conferences and exhibitions must wear masks at all times.
– Attendees of conferences and exhibitions must avoid crowding and maintain a distance of 1.5 meters from one another.
– Meeting tables at conferences and exhibitions must have a proper distance between them.
Moreover, the decision says that conference and exhibition venues must have sections where attendees can find antiseptic liquids and also must have information posters and screens displaying audiovisual messages about the Covid-19 health and safety measures being followed. All audio announcements in conference and exhibition venues should be in two languages (Greek and English).