Greek authorities announced on Thursday that trade events and fairs would restart on September 1 with Covid-19 protocols in place to ensure safety of organizers and participants.
The General Secretariat of Commerce & Consumer Protection issued the hygiene measures and protocols which apply to all trade fairs and events including the 85th Thessaloniki International Fair (TIF) scheduled to take place in the northern port city on September 11-19.
More specifically, measures for trade events and fairs:
Entry to exhibition space
* admission is allowed only to “Green Pass” holders indicating full vaccination status or Covid-19 recovery. Unvaccinated participants will be subject to the testing
* guests arrive only after online pre-registration
* masks are mandatory in all exhibition area spaces at all times
* participants must keep a distance of 1.5 meters from each other
* same distancing rules apply in showroom areas. Restaurant rules apply to conference room meeting tables
* ensure air quality through specifications available for air conditioning and ventilation systems
* one-way visitor flow management
* disinfection points throughout with sanitisers
* guest capacity counting/tracking system
* regular cleaning and disinfection all event installations and equipment
* awareness-raising and information material, banners, posters and screens displaying health and safety measures and messages
* regular bilingual announcements.