The Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO), next year will participate in 38 international exhibitions, with the aim to promote Greece as a top travel destination offering safe, authentic and high-quality tourism experiences.
According to an announcement, the organization will take part in mixed events (open to professionals and the public), as well as in exhibitions organized exclusively for tourism market executives and thematic exhibitions for niche markets and professionals.
The GNTO’s 2022 annual progam was designed by its Board of Directors after taking into consideration a number of factors related to the international tourism environment, its strategic communication program as well as the studies of prestigious institutions including the World Tourism Organization, the European Travel Commission (ETC), the Bank of Greece and Eurostat among others.
Furthermore, the organization said its participation in foreign exhibitions would depend on the course of the global health conditions related to the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
More specifically, in 2022 the GNTO will take part in the following exhibitions:
World Travel Market (WTM London) in Great Britain, FerienMesse Wien in Austria; Salon des Vacances in Belgium; IFTM – Top Resa and ILTM in France; ITB Berlin, IMEX, and BOOT in Germany; Quality Travel Fair and Ferie for Alle in Denmark; The Holiday World Show (Dublin) in Ireland; Fitur in Spain; MITT in Russia; IMEX America and SeaTrade Cruise Global in the US; ITB China and many more.
The GNTO has also announced that it plans to take part for the first time or renew its participation in the following events:
– Tourest in Tallinn, Estonia. Greece ranks fourth in the preferences of travelers from Estonia after Spain, Italy and Turkey.
– Reiselivsmessen in Oslo, Norway
– GLOBalnie in Katowice, Silesia, Poland. Around 25 percent of Polish visitors to Greece come from Silesia
– National Geographic Food Festival, London, Great Britain. In 2022, Greece will be the festival’s country of honor.
– The Meetings Show, London, Great Britain. In 2020 and 2021, the GNTO had canceled its participation in this thematic conference and tourism exhibition due to the pandemic.
– Holiday World 2022, Prague, Czech Republic. The Czech Republic is an important tourism market for Greece with 450,000 visitors on an annual basis.
– IBTM Americas 2022, Mexico. A member of the IBTM conference tourism organization in Latin America.
Last year, the GNTO had scheduled to participate in 46 physical events but due to the pandemic it finally took part in 19 physical events and four virtual international exhibitions.
During the first six months of 2021, the organization has participated in seven physical and virtual international tourism exhibitions.