More Greeks Abroad Get Access to ‘myConsulLive’ Platform
Greece’s new pilot program myConsulLive has entered its third phase providing more Greeks living abroad with the option to receive information or conduct public record transactions through video calls.
Launched in December 2020, the MyConsulLive.gov.gr platform is now available at:
– the consular offices of the Greek embassies in Brussels, Washington, Paris and Stockholm.
– the consulate general offices of Adelaide, Hamburg, Melbourne, Munich, Montreal, Chicago, Stuttgart, Sydney, Tampa and Frankfurt.
The service is also available at the Greek embassy in the United Kingdom and the consulate general offices of New York, Toronto, Boston, Istanbul and Perth.
Through myConsulLive.gov.gr, diaspora Greeks can get information and obtain documents such as:
- certificate of permanent residence abroad
- certificate of marital status, birth or residence
- copy or extract of a notarial deed
- pension beneficiary declaration
- submit applications or declarations to the consular authority.
Interested parties can log in, confirm personal data through TaxisNet codes, and schedule a day and time from a list of available appointments. Once the video call is booked, the user will be required to present proof of identification via identity card or passport.
The service will gradually become available to all Greek consular authorities around the world.
Apart from MyConsulLive, Greek authorities have launched a Chatbox service at the Consular Office of the Embassy of Greece in the UK and the Consulate General of New York.
It is about time for such a needed program. I hope that more applications are added.
The present government is moving in the right direction.