#AgapiMouGrecia, an online project that aims to connect Italian travelers with Greek destinations and thematic forms of tourism, will continue its activities throughout 2021 under the auspices of the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO).
An initiative of MYTH euromed and My Greek Salad, #AgapiMouGrecia aims to encourage Italians that are already familiar with Greece to discover new destinations and activities; and also invite new visitors to discover Greece for the first time.
“The project brings the ‘Greek state of mind’ to Italian travelers that wish to experience Greece 365 days a year through a trip or virtual tours amid the [coronavirus] pandemic,” the GNTO said in an announcement on Monday.
In addition, #AgapiMouGrecia aims to raise awareness and promote Greece as a destination by providing viewers with detailed and targeted information about the country and offering them the chance to watch interviews with representatives of the Greek tourism, culture and gastronomy markets.
#AgapiMouGrecia launched online in November 2020 with the participation of GNTO President Angela Gerekou, who presented Greece’s principles for safe, sustainable and authentic travel experiences.
Plans for 2021
- online presentations on popular Greek islands and lesser known destinations
- virtual tours to city-break destinations such as Athens, Thessaloniki, Patra and other urban areas of Greece
- information on sustainable tourism and destinations that incorporate best practices such as Trikala and Astypalea
- information on thematic tourism: maritime tourism, nature activities, cycling, tours to monasteries etc.
- cultural tourism presentations including Greek festivals such as the Athens & Epidaurus Festival, the Thessaloniki International Film Festival, the Sifnos Gastronomy Festival and other eventss. The GNTO will also promote the island of Elefsina as the European Capital of Culture 2023.
- gastronomy and agrotourism: presentation of gastronomy products that enrich the Greek hospitality experience and local traditions
- presentations of traditional products including ceramics from Serifos, marble artifacts from Tinos, sponges from Kalymnos and furs from Kastoria
- digital tours to Greek sites and museums through special applications, videos and images.
The digital shows will be carried out with the online participation of presenters and guests.
According to the GNTO, once the health conditions allow it, #AgapiMouGrecia will broadcast live from Greece.