“This is Athens”, the digital tourism guide of the Athens Development and Destination Management Agency (EATA) is joining forces with Canada’s Reach Global Marketing to promote the Greek capital to the Canadian tourism market.
Reach Global Marketing is a company that specializes in tourism and has a long experience in destination marketing, communication, sales, event management, social and digital media.
“As part of its strategy to revive the tourism market during this difficult period, EATA is building valuable partnerships that will contribute to the attraction of new visitors from significant international markets such as Canada,” the agency’s CEO, Vaggelis Vlachos, said.
“Through our presence in major Canadian media, we aspire to make a big ‘opening’ towards this country by investing in the enhancement of tourism and the stimulation of our city’s economy,” he added.
Canada is considered a significant tourism market for the Greek capital. According to official data by Athens International Airport (AIA), during the last five years Canada is placed between the 9th – 14th spot in international arrivals. Some 150,000 travelers from Canada come to Athens on an annual basis.
The partnership between EATA and Reach Global Marketing will focus on the city’s targeted promotion through online and offline actions in leading Canadian media and its participation in media events in Canada.
The agreement also foresees:
• Digital advertorial coverage in Canadian media including “Toronto Sun”, “Daily Hive”, “Narcity”, “Toronto Star”, “Globe & Mail” and “EnRoute Magazine” (Air Canada in-flight).
• Online press coverage and story telling for leading Canadian news, travel and lifestyle media including “Canadian Geographic”, “La Presse”, “Travel Life”, “Best Health Magazine” and “Hello! Canada”. The basic promotion features will focus on history and culture, cooking, family, nightlife and luxury with the aim to promote Athens as an ideal 12-month destination.
• The organization of virtual meetings with leading local media including “Toronto Sun”, “Zoomer Magazine”, “Vancouver Sun”, “Journal de Montreal”, “Today’s Parent” and “ELLE Canada”.
• The organization of webinars that promote seasonal travel to Athens – two in English and one in French
• The creation of monthly electronic newsletters for tourism professionals – three in English and two in French
• The participation of Canadian tourism enterprises to the Travel Trade Athens 2021 event, scheduled to take place in April.