Qatar Airways Takes Delivery of Three Airbus A350-1000
Qatar Airways recently took delivery of three more Airbus A350-1000 aircraft that will operate on strategic long-haul routes to Africa, the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Europe.
According to an announcement, with the delivery of the new aircraft, the airline reaffirms its position as the largest operator of Airbus A350 aircraft with 52 in its fleet.
“As one of the only airlines to continue taking delivery of new aircraft at this time, our strategic investment in modern, fuel-efficient twin-engine aircraft has enabled us to continue flying taking over 2.3 million people home on more than 37,000 flights since the start of the pandemic,”Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker said.
Meanwhile, due to COVID-19’s impact on travel demand, Qatar Airways will keep its fleet of Airbus A380 grounded.
“Rather than being forced to fly oversized aircraft due to limited aircraft options, reducing the flexibility for passengers to travel when they want, Qatar Airways has a variety of sustainable aircraft it can choose from to offer more flights with the right capacity in each market,” Akbar Al Baker added.
Passenger travelling on-board Qatar Airways’ state-of-the-art Airbus A350-1000s can enjoy:
- The widest cabin body of any class with larger windows creating an extra spacious feel,
- The widest seats of any aircraft in its category with generous room in all classes,
- Advanced air system technology including HEPA filters which deliver optimal cabin air quality,
- LED mood lighting which mimic a natural sunrise and sunset to help reduce the effects of jet lag,
- The quietest cabin of any twin-aisle aircraft that includes a draft-free air circulation system resulting in a low ambient cabin noise level.
All three A350-1000 are fitted with the airline’s multi award-winning Business Class seat Qsuite, which offers enhanced privacy including sliding privacy partitions and the option to use a ‘Do Not Disturb (DND)’ indicator.
Qsuite is available on flights to more than 30 destinations including Frankfurt, Kuala Lumpur, London and New York.