Citizens in all Greek regional units that appear as high risk (levels 3-orange and 4-red) on the risk-assessment map must follow two new measures as of Saturday, October 24:
– wear masks everywhere in public (indoors and outdoors)
– stay indoors between 12:30 am and 5:00 am (late night curfew)
Wearing face masks will be mandatory in all indoor and outdoor public spaces in areas that appear as high risk (levels 3-orange and 4-red) as of October 24.
Citizens participating in group or individual outdoor sports exercises are excluded from the mandatory use of a mask (only during practice).
Students must wear masks at all times while in school, even during recess. They can take off their masks only during gym (physical activity) time.
Customers in restaurants, cafes and bars can remove their masks only when they are seated at a table.
Masks do not have to be worn when driving alone or with first-degree family members.
All citizens must remain indoors between 12:30 am and 5:00 am as of October 24.
Exempt from the rule are:
– journalists and other media employees, providing that they have their Press ID Card (Reporter Card) with them and a certification document from their employer.
– employees of other sectors that work during the curfew hours, providing that they have a certification form from their employer (through the ERGANI system).
– the self-employed that work during the curfew hours, providing that they fill out the corresponding form from the ERGANI system.
– civil servants, providing that they have their ID or passport with them and a certification document verifying their reason for movement.
– citizens going to hospital for emergencies.
Establishments with live music
Greek authorities also gave clarifications for establishments that operate in “orange” and “red” areas and provide live music for entertainment:
– Live music is explicitly banned in bars and similar establishments, which must operate on a limited indoor customer capacity to no more than 30 percent. All patrons must be seated.
– Live music (without a microphone) is allowed in restaurants and taverns. Performing groups must not exceed three people. All restaurants and taverns must operate on a limited indoor customer capacity to no more than 50 percent. All customers must be seated.
Greek health authorities on Friday announced 841 new coronavirus cases. The total number of Covid-19 cases in Greece has reached 29,057, with the death toll at 559.