Airports Council International (ACI) World recently launched a new website that provides passengers with information about the coronavirus (Covid-19) health measures in place at airports around the world.
According to ACI World, passengers are now be able to see the measures they can expect when departing, arriving or transiting through the airport.
Over two hundred airports, representing nearly half of the world’s air traffic have already provided their information.
“Passengers and partners can view what facilities are available and what health measures are in place before they commence their journey,” ACI World said in an announcement.
The tools featured on the new website include:
– A mobile app called “Check & Fly” is designed to be a passenger assistant throughout the journey by providing health measures at airports.
– A passenger-facing web page where passengers can look up their departure and arrival airports.
– A web portal that allows airports to make updates to their data.
– A mobile app, “Airport Check” provides statistics to airports based on the measures implemented globally. These statistics can help airports plan their processes and measures, using industry intelligence.
For application and web developers
– An Application Programming Interface (API) based on the Aviation Community Recommended Information Services (ACRIS)enabling stakeholders such as airlines and travel agents to use the data.
According to ACI World Director General Luis Felipe de Oliveira, the new website is key to the recovery of air travel.
“Developing and providing tools like those on the Airport Health Measures website, equip travellers with information that enables them to make travel plans with confidence,” he said.
ACI is also supporting airports with tools and programmes like Airport Health Measures and Airport Health Accreditation to help them demonstrate to passengers, regulators, and governments that they are prioritizing health and safety in a measurable, established manner.
The Check & Fly mobile app for passengers and the Airport Check mobile app for airports are available on the Apple App Store.
Founded in 1991, Airports Council International (ACI) is the trade association of the world’s airports. As of January 2020, ACI serves 668 members, operating 1979 airports in 176 countries.