The measures will run for a period of 14 days from Friday October 2 at 5am until Friday October 16 at 5am.
According to the General Secretariat for Civil Protection:
– All restaurants and bars will be closed from midnight until 5 am.
– All public events, bazaars and open-air markets (laiki) on both the island are prohibited.
– Gatherings in public or private spaces, involving more than nine people, are banned.
– A four-person cap at cafe or restaurant tables has been imposed (six persons are allowed if they are all first-degree relatives).
– Masks are mandatory in both outdoors and indoor spaces.
Self-protection measures recommended to residents of areas in Thiva and Chalkida
The General Secretariat for Civil Protection recently made a strong recommendation to the residents of the areas of Mouriki, Platanakia, Ypato and Loutoufi of the Municipality of Thiva in Viotia and the area of Loukissia of the Municipality of Chalkida of the island of Evia, to take the following self-protection measures:
– Stay indoors and avoid any unnecessary movement.
– Wear a mask in all areas, indoors and outdoors.
The recommendation is valid until health authorities complete Covid-19 testing in the aforementioned areas.
Greek health authorities on Thursday announced 411 new coronavirus infections, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 18,886. The Covid-19 death toll in the country has reached 393.