TUI Cruises has become the first company to offer itineraries in Greece, after successfully restarting cruise travel from German ports.
TUI’s first route in Greece took off on September 13 and and arrived in Piraeus on Tuesday. Among the Mein Schiff 6 passengers, is Greek singer Vicky Leandros and other popular artists, who are scheduled to hold a live concert while cruising the Greek waters.
TUI puts safety as top priority
According to a company announcement, the safety of its passengers and staff always first for TUI Cruises.
“Cruises can be possible amid the coronavirus pandemic. In collaboration with Greek authorities we have drawn up a plan to ensure the highest level of safety for our passengers throughout the journey. This way, we contribute to the recovery of Greek tourism,” said Wybcke Meier, CEO of TUI Cruises.
The company’s safety procedures before and during the trip include:
- Passengers must present a negative COVID-19 test before departure – the cost is included in the ticket price.
- Daily temperature checks for passengers and staff.
- Mandatory electronic check-in.
- To maintain social distancing rules, the ship’s capacity is limited to 60 percent.
- Additional cleaning and disinfection measures.
- The ship features a special medical space and specialized personnel.
- Air arrivals and departures with aircraft chartered by the company exclusively for Mein Schiff 6 passengers.
- All excursions to Piraeus, Crete and Corfu are organized exclusively by TUI Cruises.