The hotel puts the health of its visitors and staff first and has implemented new hygiene procedures against COVID-19, beyond its standard protocols, including the health guidelines announced by the Greek government.
Furthermore, Crowne Plaza Athens has adopted the special procedures introduced by Intercontinental Hotels Group for all its hotels around the world, known as the IHG Way of Clean.
The hotel has undertaken the following measures:
- Intensive cleaning, disinfection and natural ventilation of all public areas,
- Protective plexiglass dividers have been installed at the hotels’ reception desk, as well as floor signs to maintain distances,
- Hand sanitizer is available in public areas for the guests and in workplaces for the staff,
- Natural ventilation, deep cleaning and disinfection of rooms, with professional products and a steam sterilizer,
- Limited or no access of the staff in the guestroom unless requested,
- Check-in time is now set at 3pm and check-out time at 11am,
- Intensive cleaning and disinfection of the kitchen’s and restaurant’s equipment,
- Stored food will be checked on a regular basis to ensure safety and hygiene,
- Events are being held in accordance with the government’s health protocols,
- Intense staff training on preventing measures, personal hygiene, PPE use and way of service,
- The staff is trained to recognize and handle COVID-19 cases, based on health
- Protective masks and gloves are used from the staff when necessary and are frequently changed.
The five-star Crowne Plaza Athens City Centre hotel offers a variety of accommodation options. Its rooms and suites offer modern aesthetics, comfort, luxury amenities and state-of-the-art equipment.
The hotel also includes dining facilities, fitness and wellness services, a Club Lounge and a Roof Garden.
In 2018, the hotel completed the overhaul of the Ballroom, its largest conference room, and the renovation of its reception areas and corridors.