The Greek government recently approved eight strategic investment projects in the tourism sector, which total to 1.1 billion euros and are expected to lead to the creation of 3,300 jobs.
“Despite the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis, the Greek economy is still growing and investments are progressing rapidly… We will be ready for the economy to make a dynamic restart as soon as the coronavirus crisis is over,” Greek Development and Investment Minister Adonis Georgiadis said.
The strategic investment projects involve:
– a marina in Vlyhos, Lefkada, by the Municipality of Lefkada (budget 70 million euros, 120 jobs),
– a 5-star hotel complex (five-star hotel and holiday homes) in the area of Koumbara – Diakofto on the island of Ios, by 105 SA (budget 43 million euros, 165 jobs),
– a 5-star boutique hotel and holiday homes in the area of Pikri Nero on the island of Ios, by NERO SA (budget 45 million euros, 130 jobs),
– two hotel complexes in the area of Papas-Loukas-Manousos-Peti-Hamouhades on the islands of Ios, by Lucas SA (budget 90 million euros, 160 jobs),
– a hotel complex (five-star hotel and holiday homes) in Barko, Aktio-Vonitsa, by RND Investments Greece (budget 107 million euros, 190 jobs),
– a resort in Kastro, Kyllini in Ilia, Peloponnese, by Killini SA (budget 104 million euros, 630 jobs)
– two hotels – Raffles Mykonos & Fairmont Mykonos – on the island of Mykonos by White Mulberry Development IKE (budget 104 million euros, 410 jobs),