Authorities in Greece recently announced the new health and safety protocols for the organization of conferences and trade fairs in the country, following the lifting of restrictive measures (taken due to COVID-19) since July 1.
The protocols, currently available on the Diavgeia website, were designed based on the proposals of the Hellenic Association of Professional Congress Organizers (HAPCO), Greece’s National Public Health Organization (EODY) and the Tourism Ministry.
According to Greece’s new health protocols, professional and other conferences can be held in the form of hybrid events. A hybrid event is a tradeshow, conference, seminar, workshop or other meeting that combines a live in-person event with a virtual online component.
Furthermore, the following measures must be implemented:
– Only a predetermined number of delegates is allowed in the conference venue. The conference will also be available online (live streaming),
– In case Greek authorities decide to ban physical presence at conferences due to epidemiological reasons, the event will not be postponed / canceled and can be carried out online,
– The organizer has the option to hold a conference exclusively online, without the physical presence of delegates,
– In the case of international conferences, the physical presence of foreign delegates is permitted in accordance with current travel restrictions,
– Delegates must pre-register online for the sessions the wish to attend in order to secure a seat in the conference room. Delegates that have not pre-registered will not be allowed access to the venue unless there are seats available,
– The delegates’ conference badges will be scanned upon their entrance to the venue. Only speakers, delegates and technical staff are allowed in the conference room,
– The conference’s registration, badge, program and certificates must be available in an electronic form (via e-mail, SMS, social media),
– Commercial stands are allowed in the venue provided that they do not include seats, printed or other material. The screening of commercial messages is recommended.
– A buffet for coffee / light lunch during breaks is allowed and must operate in accordance with the relevant health regulations. The distribution of individual meal packages is recommended.
– The use of masks is mandatory for staff and optional for delegates.
The complete Greek version of the health protocols can be downloaded below: