The Greek Culture Ministry recently released a revised set of Covid-19 precautionary guidelines including safe distancing as well as personal hygiene measures so that cultural events can be held this summer.
More specifically, with regard to outdoor events, including concerts and theatre and dance performances as well as at outdoor cinemas:
-venues will operate on a 75 percent capacity with every other seat remaining empty
– there will be no breaks during the shows
– all events will take place at open-air venues with seated-only options
– a maximum of four people (ie families) can sit together with an empty seat from the next group
– the stage should be at least 3 meters from the first row of the audience
– there will be a longer period between performances so as to allow space for sanitization of seats and to avoid crowding
– bars and cafes will be open only during the beginning and end of the performances with single-way access while consumers are advised to keep safe distances (1.5 meters) when in line
All spectators are also advised to wear masks and strictly adhere to hygiene rules.
With regard to ticketing, the culture ministry advises booking online, the use of e-tickets, or purchases with the use of contactless cards.
The ministry’s updated rules also include guidelines for rehearsals as well as for performers, actors, musicians, and crews, who are advised to use protective masks and antiseptic hand gel, while special rules apply for makeup, hairdresser, cloakroom, equipment, etc.
Greece on June 29 will lift the restrictive measures for the holding of live events (concerts, performances) and conferences.