“MarBella Corfu will be the first five-star property on Corfu to open its doors to guests for the summer season – in one of Europe’s least affected countries by COVID-19 and under 10km away from one of the continent’s safest beaches,” the hotel’s management said in an announcement.
MarBella Collection’s “We Care” Protocol
The group said that its new “We Care” Health and Safety Protocol offers guests, partners, and the local community a fully certified, clean and secure environment. It has been carefully designed with Priority Hellas and Diversey and accredited according to the highest standards.
According to MarBella, the new health and safety regulations are based on the protocols introduced by the Greek government, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control and the World Health Organization, and fully comply with the ISO 22000 and ISO 14001.
MarBella Collection’s “We Care” Protocol includes the following:
- The hotel group has appointed MarBella Collection Wellness Ambassadors to be at the guests’ disposal throughout their holiday to advise on health and sanitation methods.
- A broad range of contactless services are available through the latest upgrade of MarBella Collection’s Mobile App.
- There will be a hotel doctor on call 24/7 to provide special care for guests should they need it during their stay.
- The staff will be provided with training from a certified external organization on COVID-19 prevention and protection methods.
- All public areas and accommodation facilities will be regularly sanitized and disinfected by an expert company and guests will have access to hygiene stations in all public areas.
- Guestrooms will be cleaned and disinfected with Diversey certified products and will be equipped with a hygienic kit, antibacterial wipes, and a sealed mask for each guest.
- The design and layout of the hotels will also be amended to ensure that the furniture across the properties complies with social distancing regulations.
- Furthermore, transfers will only be arranged with partners who comply with the hotel’s hygiene standards.
Hotel services & new offerings
Meanwhile, hotel services and guest experiences have been adapted throughout the hotel to ensure a carefree stay and protect the health of all guests and staff. MarBella Corfu has designed adults-only areas on the beach and at the pools to ensure a relaxing experience.
The property will also be offering live music nights, outdoor activities and cinema screenings for the whole family.
More active guests will be able to book sporting activities such as tennis, football, trekking and Stand Up Paddling.