Tourists in Greece will soon have access to a new innovative app to assist them during their trip in the country by giving them personalized tips, as well as all they need to know about the Covid-19 health protection measures.
Sponsored by Eurobank and Mastercard, the new Visit Greece app “offers unique innovations compared to any other travel app,” Greek Tourism Minister Harry Theoharis said on Sunday.
Presenting the new app to journalists during a press conference on Santorini, Theoharis said the new app is sure to upgrade the overall experience of visitors while they are in Greece.
Features / services of the new app
1. Questionnaire to the traveler to provide personalized suggestions/offers.
2. Communication with travelers through push notifications (personalized messages/alerts that will pop up on users’ devices to deliver information and improve engagement) based on their profile.
3. Push notifications will be sent out in accordance to the area (geographical location in Greece) in which the traveler is every time. These alerts, which aim to promote local businesses that enrol in the platform) will provide travelers with tips on hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc..
4. The VisitGreece app is connected with Mastercard Priceless Cities, a service that offers travelers exclusive experiences to Mastercard cardholders.
5. Greek tourism businesses will have access to the Visit Greece app so that they can manage their content themselves and adapt it according to their needs.
“The Visit Greece application is multi-lingual and designed to offer all kinds of benefits to tourists and partner businesses,” the tourism minister said, adding that through the app, travellers will find information on all that interests them, specially tailored to their individual preferences.
Special Covid-19 section
Perhaps one of the most important features of the new app is its special Covid-19 section which has been added to boost the feeling of safety of visitors in Greece.
Guests will find all they need to know about the Covid-19 health protection measures which need to be followed in the country. The special section will also include an interactive map with the nearest hospitals that deal with coronavirus cases.
What’s in it for businesses?
The Visit Greece app directly connects tourists with businesses.
Tourism businesses that enroll in the new app – completely free of charge – will have the opportunity to be advertised all over the world.
Through the app they will be able to promote their business, have easy and targeted communication with travelers and increase sales.
“The Visit Greece app gives professionals the ability to create promotions and specifically target the preferences of their audience, through personalized push notifications,” the minister said, underlining that it contributes to the creation of a comprehensive CRM (Customer Relationship Management) data bank for all visitors.
“As everyone understands, a database with the preferences of millions of tourists is valuable for upgrading all services in the industry and even our policy, at the institutional level,” Theoharis said.
Mastercard Priceless Cities
On her part, Aspa Palimeri, the Country Manager of Mastercard for Greece, Cyprus and Malta, said that Mastercard stands by Greek tourism’s restart.
“We are here to offer our know-how and also all the means at our disposal, so that through collaborations and partnerships we can create all the conditions for a successful restart, as well as to create a competitive and sustainable tourism product for our country in the future,” Palimeri said.
Through the new Visit Greece app, Mastercard introduces Greece to the world through its Priceless Cities platform. Mastercard Priceless Cities gives cardholders the opportunity to get to know Greece through special unique experiences.
The Visit Greece app is expected to launch by the end of the month and will initially be available in Greek and English. The app will gradually be available in other languages such as Chinese and Russian.
The app has been designed and will be run by Warply, a cloud based mobile marketing toolbox.